Show Us Your East Wawanosh Photo Competition
Thank you to everyone who submitted photos for the East Wawanosh
150th Photo Contest. We were thrilled with all the entries. We thank
judges, Jerry McDonnell and Tom Barker for the difficult task of
picking the winning entries. A large display of photos submitted will
be on display at the 150th Anniversary Celebrations June 30-July 2,
Introduction to the Contest
The 150th East Wawanosh Anniversary Celebrations will be held June 30 – July 2, 2017.
The Anniversary Committee is inviting you to share the treasure of living in East Wawanosh by calling for photos in 6 different categories. Contact person: Sylvia Nonkes 519-357-4851, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Heritage Treasure
- Budding and Blooming
- Happy Times
- Agriculture at work
- Rural Residents
Photos must be submitted before June 1, 2017 at 4 pm to the desk of the North Huron Township Office, 274 Josephine St. Wingham.
Photographs submitted MUST meet the following criteria:
- Be taken in East Wawanosh and the location identified
- Be either 5×7 or 8×10 in size
- Fit one of the categories above
- Submit only unframed prints on glossy or matte-finished photo paper
- No online submissions will be accepted
- Include a completed entry form when submitting photos which is available at Township office and on the website eastwawanosh150.com/events/photo-contest Each of the six categories will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner, as chosen by a panel of judges, receive a prize, and be on display during the celebration. Prize awards have yet to be announced.
Show Us Your East Wawanosh Photo Competition For Children and Youth 14 and under
Introduction of the Contest
The 150 East Wawanosh Celebrations will be held June 30 – July 2, 2017. The Anniversary Committee is inviting youth aged 14 and under to take pictures without the assistance of an adult and enter the photo contest.
- Nature or animals in East Wawanosh
- People of East WawanoshThe following rules must be followed to be eligible
- the picture must be taken in East Wawanosh
- be either 5×7 inches or 8×10 inches in size
- be unframed and on glossy or matte-finished paper
- no online submissions will be accepted
- pictures will have to be brought to the North Huron Township Office, 274 Josephine St.Wingham, no later than the deadline of 4 pm on June 1, 2017.
- each entry must include a completed entry form available at the Township office or printed from the web page:eastwawanosh150.com/events/photo-contest There will a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize given for each of the two categories as chosen by a panel of judges and the winning pictures will be on display during the Celebration. Prizes are 1st place $15, 2nd place $10 and 3rd place $5.00.